We have compiled a list of Long Island Tax Resolution Services Groups & Associations:
American Society of Tax Problem Solvers
The American Society of Tax Problem Solvers (ASTPS) is a national, non-profit organization of Enrolled Agents, Tax Attorneys, and CPAs. Its members specialize in representing taxpayers before the IRS and State tax authorities. The ASTPS assists its members in maintaining a high-level of skill, knowledge and professionalism in the area of tax representation by doing the following:
- Promoting education and professionalism in the area of tax problem resolution
- Advocating for taxpayers’ rights and responsiveness from tax paying entities
- Providing the public with the confidence that ASTPS members are skillful and knowledgeable in solving tax problems
- Advocating for the rights of ASTPS members
National Association of Enrolled Agents
The National Association of Enrolled Agents (NAEA)is the professional society that represents Enrolled Agents. Enrolled Agents are tax practitioners licensed by the U.S. Department of the Treasury to represent taxpayers before all administrative levels of the Internal Revenue Service on issues including collection, audits and appeals.
New York State Society of Enrolled Agents
The mission of the New York State Society of Enrolled Agents (NYSSEA) is to:
- Foster the professionalism and growth of its members
- To be an advocate of taxpayer rights
- To protect the interests of its Members and to enhance the role of the Enrolled Agent among government agencies, other professions and the public at large, with an emphasis at the state and local levels.
National Association of Tax Professionals
National Association of Tax Professionals (NATP) is a nonprofit professional association founded in 1979 to serve professionals working in all areas of tax practice through professional education, tax research, and products. The national headquarters, located in Appleton, WI, employs over 40 staff members.
Members of the NATP work at offices that assist over 11 million taxpayers with tax preparation and planning. The average NATP member has been in the tax business for over 20 years and holds a tax/financial designation and/or a college degree. NATP has more than 20,000 members nationwide. Members include individual tax preparers, enrolled agents, certified public accountants, accountants, attorneys, and financial planners.